The AutoStop Maxi® Brake Meter (tester) is an efficient diagnostic and compliance tool, designed to test service and emergency brakes in passenger cars, light and heavy goods vehicles, buses,
light and heavy rail vehicles and transit vehicles.
Brake Regulation Summary
The UNECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) has published a table of Brake Regulation Requirements for every country.
- Compliant with roadworthy regulations around Australia
- Approved for AIS scheme in NSW
- Compliant with AS3450/ISO3450 Australian Standard
- Compliant with SANS 1589 brake testing
- Compliant with SANS 10047 brake testing
- Compliant with ECE R13 – Rule 13
- Compliant with Federal Regulation FMVSS 135 and FMVSS 571 – USA
- Compliant with Transport Canada – CMVSS 135
- Calibration that is internationally traceable through NATA (accreditation #20559)
- 24 month calibration interval
- Calculates and displays average/peak deceleration, stopping distance test speed and pedal effort
- Has a built in printer – a requirement for some jurisdictions
- Uses AutoTest Paper Roll Pack
- Optional upgrade with Bluetooth or USB connection to your PC
- Optional upgrade with GPS/Glonass receiver providing latitude and longitude of test position
- Optional upgrade with backlit screen for better visibility
Upgrade your AutoStop Maxi brake meter to include GPS!
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) QLD is updating a requirement for brake testing.
As of March 2022 it will be mandatory for Approved Examiners to keep a copy of the brake test results, including GPS location, time and date, when undertaking LV, HV and MC inspection types.
To make sure you are compliant, purchase our AutoStop Maxi® brake meter with the upgrade that includes GPS location. If you already have our standard AutoStop Maxi brake meter, you may be able to upgrade to have GPS!
Some of the older brake testers may not be able to, so call our friendly service team to see if yours can be upgraded.
Simply contact us for a quote, along with your serial number, and you can post your AutoStop Maxi to our head office in Kensington, Victoria.
When the brake test is completed, you can print a copy of the test result showing the peak deceleration and attached to your test report.
The AutoStop Heavy® Brake Meter (tester) does not show a “PASS” or “FAIL” as the regulations for a pass or fail are different in every state and territory. Check the regulations in your area to see how it
effects your testing requirements.
- STEP 1: Secure the Heavy in the vehicle with its strap or optional floormounted magnet, in a horizontal position, with the lid open and facing forward. Attach the load cell to the brake pedal to
test the service brakes.
- STEP 2: Turn on the Heavy and enter the examiner’s ID and the vehicle’s registration number. Start the test by accelerating the vehicle to the required speed.
- STEP 3: Apply the brakes by pressing your foot on the load cell attached to the brake pedal, until the vehicle is stationary.
- STEP 4: After the vehicle has come to a stop, the Heavy evaluates the brake performance, and displays and prints the test results.
Extend The Capabilities of your Autostop Heavy Brake Meter
NetBrake® software is an optional add-on specifically designed to extend the capabilities of your AutoStop Heavy Brake Meter to a powerful fleet management and reporting tool. This vehicle database and brake
test reporting software assists the mining and heavy vehicle industries in Australia to manage brake test records, and brake test Standards and calculations for their fleets.
By upgrading your Brake Meter software, you can set the standard in your area, and it will show a “PASS” or “FAIL”. See the full capabilities of NetBrake® software, and additional inclusions.
- Calculates and displays average and maximum deceleration, distance to stop, test speed and pedal-force required to stop the vehicle
- Prints two original reports (one for the customer, the other for the examiner) as a permanent record of the test results, date, time, examiner’s ID number and the vehicle’s registration/VIN number
- Price Competitive
- Usb or Bluetooth interface
- Built-in printer (Dot Matrix)
- Robust construction that is water-resistant and petrol, chemical and acid proof
- Conventional (QWERTY) keypad lay-out, with tactile membrane cover LCD display
- Adjustable display contro
- Both metric and imperial units of measurement
- Built-in integrity check
- Rechargeable, sealed, acid-gel battery, with low-battery-level indicator and automatic shut-down
- Calibration that is intentionally traceable through NATA
- Interval of calibration as determined by the relevant local authority
- Low-cost spare parts, accessories and consumables
- Comprehensive after-sales service and assistance
- GPS or Glonass or Galileo positioning receiver, providing longitude and latitude
- Position acquisition time - 1 Min Maximum
- Software configurable
- Internet support hotline for diagnosis and calibration