Mini Plus Brake Meter
The AutoStop® MiniPlus Brake Meter is a compact, battery-powered, in-vehicle brake performance tester that uses state of the art, multi-channel sensors to measure tri-axial
deceleration of any type of vehicle or motorcycle.
Brake Regulation Summary
The UNECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) has published a table of Brake Regulation Requirements for every country.
- Compliant with roadworthy regulations around Australia
- Approved for AIS scheme in NSW
- Compliant with AS3450/ISO3450 Australian Standard
- Compliant with SANS 1589 brake testing
- Compliant with SANS 10047 brake testing
- Compliant with ECE R13 – Rule 13
- Compliant with Federal Regulation FMVSS 135 and FMVSS 571 – USA
- Compliant with Transport Canada – CMVSS 135
- Calibration that is internationally traceable through NATA (accreditation #20559)
- 24 month calibration interval
- Calculates and displays average/peak deceleration, stopping distance test speed and pedal effort
- Has a built in printer – a requirement for some jurisdictions
- Uses AutoTest Paper Roll Pack
- Optional upgrade with Bluetooth or USB connection to your PC
- Optional upgrade with GPS/Glonass receiver providing latitude and longitude of test position
- Optional upgrade with backlit screen for better visibility
Upgrade your AutoStop Mini Plus brake meter to include GPS!
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) QLD is updating a requirement for brake testing.
As of March 2022 it will be mandatory for Approved Examiners to keep a copy of the brake test results, including GPS location, time and date, when undertaking LV, HV and MC inspection types.
To make sure you are compliant, purchase our AutoStop® Mini Plus brake meter with the upgrade that includes GPS location. If you already have our standard AutoStop® Mini Plus brake meter,
you may be able to upgrade to have GPS!
Some of the older brake testers may not be able to, so call our friendly service team to see if yours can be upgraded.
*Scroll down to see AutoStop® Mini Plus Brake Meter instructional video.
3 Easy Testing Steps with AutoStop® Mini Plus
- STEP 1: Attach Mini Plus to the dashboard, centre console or passenger seat so that the buttons and screen are clearly visible
- STEP 2: Turn on Mini Plus, accelerate the vehicle to the desired test speed and apply the brakes until the vehicle is stationary
- STEP 3: After the vehicle has come to a stop, Mini Plus evaluates and displays forward, sideways and vertical deceleration, distance to stop and lateral deviation within the lane
Extend The Capabilities of your Autostop Mini Plus Brake Meter
- Determines tri-axial deceleration, forward as well as sideways deceleration (lane change)
- Calculates and displays MFDD (Mean Fully Developed Deceleration) in accordance with the ECE R 13
- Simple 12 button operation via a tactile membrane pad
- Can be installed anywhere in the vehicle
- Self-aligning by identifying its orientation at the beginning of each test
- Lightweight (< 500grms) and compact (90 x 200 x 35mm)
- LCD display
- Adjustable display control
- Automatic start function
- Automatic shut-off after 15 minutes to preserve battery life (over 24 hours running time)
- Built-in integrity check
- Built-in real time clock
- Calibration is internationally traceable through NATA
- Calibration interval twenty four months
- 12 months warranty
- Internet support hotline for diagnostics
- Comprehensive after-sales service and assistance
- EIA USB and Bluetooth interface
- Memory storage: Ninety tests
Optional Features :
- Remote bluetooth printer
- Rare Earth magnet motorbike kit
- PC download capability and graph
- Rubber suction cup motorbike kit